Thursday, November 29, 2007

Almost

Yesterday I went Christmas shopping. Yep, I bought all of you gifts--don't worry! :0) I signed a credit card receipt with a scribble at one particular store, and a very astute young man asked me jokingly, "You a doctor?" Standing in my sweatpants and t-shirt I chuckled and replied kindly, "Almost." He said, "Looks like you passed that class..." If only he knew.... :0)

Just as a side note...

Yesterday I also tripped while running on the treadmill--not once, but twice. Bet you are sad you missed that site!

Today I figured I would avoid any more treadmill misfortunes and enjoy the beautiful weather. As I prepared to go for a jog around the 'hood (and, yes, 'hood is definitely the most appropriate term) I carefully tied my house key onto the drawstring of my shorts. I made sure it was not coming off anytime in the next century or so. As I stepped out the door I soon realized how terrible an idea that was. So I stood on my tip-toes, hiked my shorts up to my belly button, and did a little dance in an effort to lock the door--shorts and all. Realizing my foolishness I quickly turned around to see if I had any fortunate onlookers. Bet you are sad you missed that site too!

1 comment:

Sara Triana said...

I really am sad I missed that last moment at the door!