Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Good 'Ole Days


This weekend I experienced both the sunrise and sunset over the crawfish farms of central Louisiana. I realized that I miss the middle-of-nowhere. I miss the slow pace, the good food, the open road, and the amazing friends. I ate crawfish and roasted pig and sat around a campfire and laughed about old times. The weekend was all together perfect and refreshing.

There is something about knowing that people believe in you that keeps you going. There is something about other people letting you know that your dreams are legit and that they know you are doing what you were made to do. The encouraging words come from somewhere deep--from those that know you well. They put everything back in perspective and for a moment cause to world to stop. And in that moment everything makes sense again.

You see, last week was exam week. It was miserable. I worked harder than ever and in the end felt that I had nothing to show for save droopy eyes, a messy apartment, and a growling stomach. My perspective soon became only a number, preferably one over 65 to keep me in the passing zone, and nothing more. But this weekend those I love reminded me that I am doing what I was made to do--I am going to be a physician. I am going to bring hope and healing to the lives of others. What an honor and a privilege! What a perspective.

I am thankful for being able to walk down memory lane with you guys this weekend. Thanks for the laughs, but most of all thanks for the encouragement. I needed it! You are a blessing and I am glad we were able to catch up--I know that God has amazing plans for each of you too and I am excited to see it play out in all our lives. Whether you feel like you're in a rut or at the top of a mountain, hold your head high and know that God is for you and not against you and will see you through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.